Video Lesson Starts - Teachers TV
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 6:26 PM
Teachers TV is a great resource for finding videos to support teachers CPD and also to find video clips to use in the classroom with the pupils. If you register on the site (its free), you will be able to download the videos and then embedd them in IWB software, create multimodal powerpoints or play them straight from your computer.
Teachers TV have created short starter clips for use on interactive whiteboards in your classroom, covering primary maths, science and literacy. Click on play or login to download
Primary ICT - Whiteboard Science - Seven Lesson Starts on one video
Primary ICT - Whiteboard Maths - Eight Lesson Starts on one video
- Using angles to find Pirate Kate's lost treasure
- Using fractions and percentage to help Nateisha with her packed lunch survey
- Using division in both The Thief's Problem and The Puppy Problem
- Exploring volume and division in Mrs Hanson's Problem
- Using multiplication in both Piggy's Problem and The Train Problem
- Using percentages in The Cake Problem
Primary ICT - Whiteboard Maths - Eight More Lesson Starts on one video
Can you break the Cat Burglar's code? Which puppy weighs the most? Who's scored the highest in the dance competition? the beginning of each problem.
Primary ICT - Whiteboard Literacy: Story Starts on one video
Suitable for Years 1 - 7, (6-12 year olds) each of the short clips sets up an environment or a narrative that can be used to fire the children's imagination.
Primary ICT - Whiteboard Literacy - Nine More Story Starts on one video
Each story start presents a different scenario and characters which are open to interpretation by pupils and teachers, including:
- a girl who wanders into a spooky basement
- a kite that causes trouble in high winds
- a piglet that explores a farm
Each individual story start ends on a cliff-hanger, encouraging pupils to continue the story from this point.
Primary ICT - Whiteboard Literacy - Nine More Story Starts