Special Education Needs & Resources
The Special Educational Needs and Resources (SEN&R) Service Unit:
- ensure that the appropriate SEN processes and provisions are in place for children with SEN.
- supports early identification of children with additional and/or special educational needs and plans interventions to remove barriers to their learning.
- works inclusively in a multi-agency way to plan, develop and resource provision to meet needs including delivery of training and development opportunities.
- includes the “Partnership with Parents” service with a helpline offering independent advice and information, recruits and trains Independent Parental Supporters and provides mediation support for parents.
- ensure that the Early Years SEN Helpline is maintained supporting parents and schools in planning for children on transition.
- maintains, administers and develops the Pupil Services Database.
- develops and implements a multi-agency Identification Referral and Tracking system to support information sharing for children at risk.
Additional Educational Needs & Resources: Annual Business Unit Operational Plan 2008-09