The Management Information Unit (MIU) enables CFE to manage, share and utilise data and business intelligence in order to achieve better outcomes for children, young people and their families, in Kent.
This is achieved by;
- Providing local and strategic information to support key business needs of schools, children’s trusts, government agencies, CFE groups and KCC directorates.
- Ensuring that schools, private, voluntary and independent providers, CFE groups, KCC directorates and partner agencies comply with all legislative and statutory requirements to provide and publish information.
- Sharing and using the information, providing consultancy, training and support to effectively inform performance management, strategic planning and service delivery, development and design.
- The management and ongoing development of core CFE business systems.
- Ensuring the data entered, maintained and submitted for central government returns is accurate and validated in line with Data Quality Standards and Audit Requirements.
All of the above plus additional work is delivered by three workstreams within MIU.